Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas from the States!

Hello everyone,

Merry Christmas! I've been back now for a couple of weeks, and have gotten pretty well adjusted to life here in the states again. I've even been back to a day of work already at the bank in my home town.  It took a few days right away of sleeping in late and going to bed early to get caught up, but I did it, and now I'm back on regular time.  Just in time for the holidays, even. :P

Overall, I'm going to have to say that the China program was a good one.  I enjoyed it, it didn't really take me off course for my degree, and it gave me a chance to experience another country and make memories with new friends and professors.  For example, my Chinese Literature professor bought a copy of the book we were reading in class for me.  Not only that, but this was a printing in mandarin Chinese that is looked for within China.  And if you want to see the memories with my friends from foreign countries, just take a look through my recent Facebook photos.  There are plenty there to look at. :)

Now, it wasn't always easy. The beginning was a struggle, and communication with everyone at home was hard during the entire trip.  At the beginning of the trip, I would have said that, if I could go back, I wouldn't have done it.  However, by the end of the trip, I was very glad I had done it.  I have grown as a person, made many friends, learned a lot of things, and overall had a good time while I was there.  Will I go on another study abroad experience in college? No.  But this experience has definitely made me want to visit other countries through the rest of my life.  Not for four months at a time, but good ten day to two week vacations would be great to take in the future. :) Hopefully to some of the countries where my new friends live as well.

Well, that's about it as far as my experiences, and so this blog, go.  Thank you again to anyone who read this, and to anyone looking to study abroad, I would suggest taking that leap and doing it.  It may seem scary or not worth it at first, but after you get adjusted, its quite the experience.  And it could be a once in a life time experience that you don't want to miss.  Merry Christmas, Happy New Years, and I wish you all the best,

Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment